Looking for the right SEO company to help your business?
Before we discuss the importance of having an SEO company, we need to conduct an SEO Audit of your website in order to create a sustainable long term SEO strategy. Once we have the results of your SEO audit (sounded scarier than it actually was, right?) we will develop a rock solid SEO strategy to mobilize your trajectory. If you think of our SEO strategy as a road map then the SEO retainer is where we fuel the engine and hit the road. Like all expeditions, meticulous planning takes you only so far, you need to have the mobility and foresight to know when to change route! You can be confident that Volt Lab is the right SEO company to take you on that journey! Just as Sir Ranulph Fiennes is the world’s greatest living explorer, we like to think we are a pretty adept SEO company to guide you through the polar terrain of SEO.
Through an SEO retainer, we will execute your strategy and continue to refine it as needed as we move forward. SEO isn’t something you do once, it takes constant tweaking and measuring to improve and retain rankings over time.
With a retainer we’ll stay on top of how your competitors are performing in relation to your rankings and make any necessary technical and content changes to your website that will help improve your position. Just like fashion and trends change Google changes its ranking algorithm regularly so we need to keep on top of what’s new. The retainer allows us the time to regularly review your website to make sure none of Google’s changes will impact your rankings and if they do, refine the approach as needed. (Don’t be the one who has stayed behind the times and is wearing 80’s fashion!)
SEO Retainer: Scope of Services
Reviewing SEO Audit
• We’ll start by having a kick-off meeting to review the audit and receive your feedback. Together we will then plan where to focus our efforts.
Setting Up Tools
• We’ll make sure your analytics tools are set up properly and configure Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools to measure what traffic is contributing to your sales conversion.
• We use other valuable tools like Moz that provide information on where your links are coming from, competitive analysis, keyword research tools, brand monitoring, and more.
Based on the SEO audit, we’ll execute any necessary changes to your site which may include the following:
- Content edits
- Changing the title and meta description
- Updating your robots.txt and XML sitemap
- Using 301 redirects
- Usability tweaks to the design
- Ongoing Services
Landing pages help you rank for targeted keywords and we’ll advise you on the best method to develop them. Instead of using one page to try and rank for multiple keywords, it’s better to create a separate page for every keyword you want to target. The page should contain valuable, in-depth content that’s superior to your competitors. The more useful, comprehensive and relevant your landing page, the higher Google will place it in their search rankings.
This is where we engage with people to receive links. The goal is to get high quality versus high volume links as Google penalizes sites that have too many low quality links. This is how the WonderVolts make besties:
1. Engage with influencers associated with your brand. We comment on their blog articles, share their social media posts, and eventually send them emails requesting links.
2. Publish high-quality, free content and post it to social media. This is what’s known as link bait. It could be a free tool like a pricing calculator an e-book, an in-depth guide on a topic that’s important to them and relevant to your brand, or a helpful infographic.
3. Engage and contribute to forums, groups, and other more targeted communities that are likely to share and blog about your content.
4. Reach out to the press and relevant bloggers for media coverage,
interviews, and product reviews.
Measurement and Optimization
This is how the WonderVolts keep on top of their game!
1. Review Google Analytics and other metrics tools to make sure we’re staying on track with our goals.
2. Perform on-going keyword research and analyse your place in them.
3. Uncover where you should be ranking and what traffic will drive the most revenue.
4. Adjust your website accordingly by building pages and content to rank
for the most valuable keywords.
It’s important to understand that SEO takes time to reflect results so you won’t see a major increase in traffic or revenue within the first month. Would you buy a house and expect to sell it and make a profit in a month? Of course not. Like many prudent investments, the return on SEO investment is high over time. Once you build SEO momentum the value is in its longevity. Compare this with a traditional advertisement, which firstly doesn’t guarantee results and secondly stops driving traffic as soon as the campaign is over.
Our goal is to increase your website traffic using the five to ten targeted keywords we discovered during the audit so you rank on the first page of Google within three to four months. When you reach that ranking, we calculate that the estimated amount of traffic you’ll receive combined with your current landing page conversion (which will continue to grow) will be at the very least five times more than your current traffic. After four months your site should increase your monthly revenue by 3-dollar digits. At year-end you’ll see an increase in revenue by 6-dollar digits. No need to send us flowers, just smile sweetly and indulge us when we say, “We told you so!”